Being attacked by an animal can be a very frightening experience which can leave someone facing mounting medical debt and a painful recovery period. Immediately after an animal bite such as bleeding face after an animal attack, it’s important to keep calm, stay head up and carefully document the scene. This can assist you to strengthen your case in the circumstance you make a well-informed decision of pursuing compensation for your injuries.
Having said that, I am going to present comprehensive details on what to do after an animal attack.
- Photograph the animal: Ensure you take a clear picture of the animal that has attacked you using either your cell phone or a digital camera. This is because the owner’s animal may object to your personal injury claim on the ground the ground that you lack a proper identification of the animal.
- Identify both the owner and its animal: It’s important to identify the owner of the animal in question and note down their contact information and their names.
- Obtain contact details from witnesses: In the event that the incident took place in public, there may be individuals who witnessed the scene who can either speak on your behalf or provide information in future legal proceedings, if necessary.
- Assemble photographic evidence: Remember, photos of the incident and your injuries can provide valuable information to your legal team. This can strengthen and build your personal injury claim.
- Seek medical attention: Animal bites may result in infections. Therefore it’s crucial to seek medical treatment either at the scene or be transported to the nearby hospital. Make the doctor know that it was an animal bite so that he/she can document the data in your medical file/records.
- File a report with relevant authorities: Ensure you report the incident with the agency that deals with animal control within your area. This is critical for your legal team.
Never assume when an animal bites you. Always know the steps you may take so that you can receive the needed assistance from relevant authorities. Save your life. It’s valuable.