Why Is Oral Health Care For Dogs Essential?
Periodontal disease is so common among dogs, which causes early tooth loss. Therefore, it is essential to provide robust dental care for dogs to let them live a healthy life.
When Do You Need It?
There are several conditions which require immediate dental care for dogs. Some of the main ones are as follows.
- Odor in their breath
- Damaged or fragile teeth
- Difficulty in swallowing and painful gums
- Bleeding gum
- Abnormal eating as well as chewing habits
- Excess salivation
- Discoloured Teeth
Some Common Dental Procedures
It is better to bring your dog to the dog’s dental care specialist who will deal with the necessary dental procedures very carefully and effectively. Below are some common procedures any specialist would do.
- Tooth Cleaning – Anesthesia will be given to the dog and then during this process, the specialist will wash and clean the plaque and tartar present on the teeth’s surface. This process removes the bacteria and germs and also allows a refreshing breath.
- Root Canals – The dental specialist will take your dog through a root canal process to treat the fractured tooth. This will reduce gum inflammation as well as pain.
- Tooth Extraction – In this tooth extraction process, broken or decayed teeth will be extracted to avoid infection and prevent the broken pieces from transferring into other parts of the body. This will be given under general anesthesia.
The above are some of the common facts to watch out for when you dog has dental problems. As a general rule, remember to always consult the vet at the onset of the associated symptoms so the condition can be managed on time.
Aside from dental care for dogs, find out more information regarding safety of dental implants for humans and other dental concerns by clicking on the link.